• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reviews of Hercules Fortissimo III?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

Has anyone seen any review sites for the Hercules Fortissimo III? I have looked and I cant find anything about it. I plan to hook up a set of Logitech Z640's to it. Will I be able to use the Digital Out?

Well I have it. I is a really good card but maybe its just me but installing the drivers and updating them on a Windows XP Pro system is a little tricky. And yes Digital Out works. There is plenty you can do with this card. If you want a little more to play with get the Game Theatre XP. If you dont want all those features just get the fortissimo. Good Luck.

CalsonicGTR said:
How hard was it to install drivers on Windows XP Pro. That happens to be the OS im using :)

Should not be I use a Fortissimo II (which is the same card except it supports 5.1 instead of 7.1) and it has a dongle that connects to the card whereas the III has the inputs on the card itself. I have never had an issue at all, just get the newest drivers right from hercules site.

Cisco Kid

problems with fortissimo III

xbiker, any hints you can give, I am having lockup problems. After playing a dvd or MOH Spearhead (so far) it locks up completely. I tried putting it in a different slot, reinstalling the drivers. What else can I do. What was tricky about your installation?

sorry guys I don’t read the sound card threads to much.

The problem I think was the XP automatic driver installation. You should install the drivers and do NOT do any of that windows xp driver installation crud. They mess everything up.

akajimmy-I thin you should uninstall the drivers, download the newest drivers and a reg cleaner I found on the hercules forums. hercules.com
uninstall the drivers, restart, clean the registry of any old driver remains, restart, install new drivers, restart, cancel and kind of windows xp driver installation no matter how many pop-ups come up, restart again :p, again if any more windows driver pop-ups come up close them, go into control panel and open the fortissimo III icon. Restart again. should be done. ^Fo^ ^****zle^ :D

I can't say ^ F O ^ ^ S H I Z Z L E ^ ....lol

Back