• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing Fans in PS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snowus

Are the plugs inside all PS all the same?I have not opened mine up yet but I am thinking of changing the fans because they are so loud!!Is there anything difficult in doing this or is it just a matter of unplugging and replacing the fans.I know I should wait for awhile to let system drain but is there anything else that needs to followed in doing this.Thanks For Any Info.JS

It depends, and many power supplies just have the wires soldered to the board. You'd have to open it and take a look.

I just ripped apart an enermax power supply and was going to swap out the fans... They are 2 pin though and the PS only has 2 pin headers...

Makes an easy job a little harder.

Thanks for the answers thats what I thinking that it might be a little more to it then just swapping out the fans.(soldering and switching connectors and such)..Thanks.JS

One side note if you do open the PSU, take care there are some nasty *** capacitors in there:eek:

Back