• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU reccomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

Hey,

My motherboard has recently gone dead. I have sroted this out, and have claimed on the warranty so i have credit to get a new one. There didnt seem to be any real reason for it, no overcloking, it just suddenly went etc.

Anyway it leads me to beleive it could be a dodgy PSU. I bought a 550w from EBAY as it was pretty cheap. Now i got it for about £50 which means it cant be of the highest qulaity, so it could have been that which killed it.

Do you have any reccomendations for a PSU? I wanna get a 450w cause im running an xtra fan or so, meaty heatsink, dvd-wr etc etc. Ive seen £80 450w PSU and i have seen £30 450w PSU's.

I dont have a lot of money, which should i get!? The difference in price sways me to get the cheaper one.

Anyone have any reccomendations for a good, cheap, reliable PSU?

Thanks alot

Jonny

For about 50quid you should be able to get the antec true power 430. Its a great psu. Running my parents dual amd rig with no problems. To get the price I just converted what it would cost here into GBP so it might be a little more.

Antec PSU are good but not without faults. I've seen several threads about them dying young. I like Sparkle psu's and you should be able to get one for a bit less then a antec.

Look for something selling under brand names like Fortron/Source/Powerman/Sparkle, Astec, Delta/Dell/Acer, Lite-On, NMB, HEC/Heroichi/Compucase, Zippy-EMACS

don't forget

Uhhh, I just picked up the "Rolls Royce" of PSU's, PC Power & Cooling Turbo 450, got it from a member here for a GREAT price! This IS the king of all PSU's with the tightest tolerances of any PSU. My 3.3 & 5V are: 300W!!!

larrymoencurly said:
Look for something selling under brand names like Fortron/Source/Powerman/Sparkle, Astec, Delta/Dell/Acer, Lite-On, NMB, HEC/Heroichi/Compucase, Zippy-EMACS

Excellent advice.

Back