• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a7v 133 200fsb HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaggy64

I am runnin this mobo with a 1300 axia y cpu and wish to overclock it but when i go in the bios i can raise the multiplyer because it is not there.
Can this only be done through the dip switches or am i missin somthing in my bios.
I have achived 1450 by rasing the fsb to 110mhz which in turn rasied the ram to 140mhz .
I dont want to do it this way though! i want to use the multiplyer as any one else had this problem.
PLEASE HELP SHAGGY.

Welcome to the Overclockers.com Shaggy.
Your motherboards multiplier cant go any higher so you must use a higher FSB. If you can lower your multiplier in the bios you could start off at 10 and set the FSB at 133 to get 1333. Your ram will be at 133 which is the same as you had it at by default. From there you can play with the multiplier and FSB to get the best possible combination. If you set your FSB to 133 and multi to 11 you are already past 1450 or with 11.5 you get 1529! Let us know how it goes.

that is the problem i dont have the option to change the MULTIPLYER what i need to know is how to change the multiplyer

There is a little jumper on the board towards the lower left corner by the chip that says Asus controls the mode the board is in. If you have the jumper on the left two pins it will be in jumper free mode allowing you to change the multiplier in the bios. Is your chip unlocked? If not you must connect the L1 bridges with a conductive pen or a pencil.

My board is in jumper free mode and the chip is un locked i can change the fsb and the voltage and the ram but i dont have the option to change the multiplyer not in the bios any way.
Some one must have this popular board and come across this problem.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way to enable the multiplier changes are to (in BIOS setup) go to the "Advanced" menu and change the Operating Frequency Setting from [Standard] to [User Define] which enables both multiplier and cpu frequncy. If this doesn't work I'd bet the L1 bridges are locked. 8)

My chip L1 bridges are closed i have achived 1450mhz by changing the fsb and upping the voltage but i also want to change the multiplyer are you saying that changing the fsb also changes the multiplyer if this is the case how can i tell what multiplyer i have got .
PLEASE HELP
ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH THIS BOARD
CHEERS SHAGGY.

To set the Multiplier on the A7V133 in jumpered mode look on page 23 of your owners manual. In jumperfree mode read page 60 of the manual.

Back