• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo2 in 2004 :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am so sad right now, i could just go and cry, why must this happen, oh well, i will be playing halo on pc anyway. but still, the principle remains:bang head

-SSXIX

I'll hold you if you hold me :(
durn, just got an xbox, too.... :cry: :cry:
Think of how long untill halo 2 hits the pc....

Great news. This means that hopefully it will totally pwn everything on XBOX. Rome wasn't built in a day, people, ;)

Well, seeing as I'll never buy an Xbox (not that I really don't want one, I just couldn't afford it and the flatbed I'd need to get it home :p), I don't really care much.

I'm sure the PC Port will be much better than the Xbox port, anyways. It was originally being designed for PC/Mac anyways, before Microsoft bought Bungie Entertainment (Yes, I'm still bitter about that).

I go this real sweet Halo 2 video (linkin park music video type thing) It is tight. I can FTP it to someone to host, but my connection is way to slow for everyone..

Oni said:
It was originally being designed for PC/Mac anyways, before Microsoft bought Bungie Entertainment (Yes, I'm still bitter about that).

im with ya there oni... i loved bungi... ohh so many wasted days playing marathon my my 604e :D ran the whole marathon seriese like a dream

ohh and then there was myth.. another great game, and pathways into darkness, and lets not forget Oni ;)

Halo was gonna be the be all end all fps game then bungi got bought out and it turned into a mediocre limited replay value al beit pretty, though those textures would look so much better at 1280x1024 with a bit of AA on mmmmm

whooping_a_panda said:

Halo was gonna be the be all end all fps game then bungi got bought out and it turned into a mediocre limited replay value...

:D :D
infidel2.jpg

hey dont get me wrong halo was a fun game, but i played through it in 3 days on a friends xbox... nothing to go out an buy one of those infernal machines for thats for sure... i later played through legendary in another 3 days on a relatives xbox.

and sure the xbox lan parties were fun, but you cant tell me you wouldnt rather play tribes or bf1942 or one of the many half life mods. the multiplayer was just limited in comparison to the pc world.

the halo we got was just a fragment of a glimps of what could have been had bungie remained independant of a certain evil empire

as a mac gamer i nearly went into convulsions reading the awful news, even bungie had been takin shots at microsoft, and the rest of the pc world, since their birth... i can even remember the registration card for marathon infinity making a joke about billy bob gates.

*sigh* those were the days

I actually thought HALO's multi player was far superior to most multi player games, and especially half life mods (counter-strike more specifically). But I have to admit I am being biased. I would risk my life for the Master Chief (main character) :)

ok superior to half life mods sure but thats dated, the one thing i did enjoy about halo multiplay was some of the HUGE levels blood gulch and sidewinder (i think that was the ice one with the tanks), but even with 16 people they just seem a bit big, and the smaller levels just feel like ohh well ive been their and done that. ohh well im still lookin forward to halo 2 and halo plus even if i thought the first one was a bit underdone, i havnt lost faith in bungie yet ;)

isnt the master chief supposed to have some relation to the cyborg hero of the marathon seriese :confused: those games had some kickin storylines if you read all the computer terminals

whooping_a_panda said:
ok superior to half life mods sure but thats dated, the one thing i did enjoy about halo multiplay was some of the HUGE levels blood gulch and sidewinder (i think that was the ice one with the tanks), but even with 16 people they just seem a bit big, and the smaller levels just feel like ohh well ive been their and done that. ohh well im still lookin forward to halo 2 and halo plus even if i thought the first one was a bit underdone, i havnt lost faith in bungie yet ;)

isnt the master chief supposed to have some relation to the cyborg hero of the marathon seriese :confused: those games had some kickin storylines if you read all the computer terminals

I read the Halo book called "HALO: Fall of Reach" and it explained how he became a Spartan. Google it if you really care :)

Back