• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POST stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daga5831

I'm not sure if this is the right board, but...

My computer boots fine, but the POST never shows. Is it just flashing by too fast for me to see? Or do I have something configured wrong so it just never shows at all? System specs are in my sig, and no special configuration other than the slight OC.

-daga

There are cases where the POST goes by pretty quick. You also might have a BIOS setting thatisn't properly configured.

if you press pause/break when you know its posting does it eventually phase in? could just be your monitor taking a short while to warm up

ninthebin said:
if you press pause/break when you know its posting does it eventually phase in? could just be your monitor taking a short while to warm up

I know that my monitor doesn't take that long to warm up. It starts off with the "Daewoo" logo, then the screen flashes, then I'm at the "Loading Windows XP Home Edition" screen. It's possible that the flash is the POST. I think that I paused on the POST once, but I didn't mean to :p It was before I knew the correct key to get into BIOS :p

I'll reboot in a min and try to find the "Quick POST" thingie...

-daga

Bah. I found the "Quick POST" option, and I disabled it. There was no difference in boot time, no difference in showing POST, and generally, no difference overall :p Oh well. Doesn't really matter to me that much. *shrug*

-daga

when the "daewoo" logo shows up your computer is running its post in the backgroud =)

There should be a keypress you can preform to show the post running, usually F10 but could be different depending on your BIOS

in the bios there is an option called "show boot logo" or some such. DISABLE THIS!!! My Asus microATX boards from HP did this. super annoying

LittlePiggie said:
in the bios there is an option called "show boot logo" or some such. DISABLE THIS!!! My Asus microATX boards from HP did this. super annoying

I searched my entire BIOS, and I couldn't find anything about a boot logo :( I'm sick of looking at "Daewoo" whenever I turn on the computer :p

-daga

yeah, Piggie is right...there should be an option in the BIOS to disable "POST screen" or "Boot Screen" or "Splash screen" or something like that...or maybe an option to "Show POST codes."

OT: Piggie...YGPM.

Back