• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quietest Power Supply Recommendation Min 400W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

Can anyone please recommend a good and quietest power supply with atleast 400W? (Should be able to run a 3GHz Intel, 2 7200 RPM HDD, GeforceFX, 2 DVD-ROM Drives, 1024 GB DDR RAM) I don't have a system that powerful now, but would like to have a PSU that can be used in the future when I upgrade.

All my previous PSU are cheap no brand names ones that came with my case, so my knowledge is very limited on PSU. Please feel free to state your opinions on PSU that you bought.

Also please tell me the model number, I can do the research and find it on my own. :)

I think this is supposed to be the quietest
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=58&manufactory=1697&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1
the 400w is $80. Reviews of the lower wattage ones state these are excellent quality units although I've never seen the 400w in a review. Their "secret" is they use a much smarter fan control unit. It doesn't start to speed up until temps hit a critical point, then it turns up fast if temp goes over that point. Most temp control fans just go faster, the hotter the unit gets on a 1:1 basis.

I bought the Seasonic 400ATX from Newegg. The price recently dropped, I paid $99.00 a few weeks ago. I was very happy to receive one that is aluminum gray color and not white like the picture Newegg is showing. It is a nice PSU. It even has a SATA connection on it. Er...at least that is what I think it is, *lol*. It has a couple connections I am not sure about.

i just got a sparkle 400w from newegg for $62. its very quiet.....oh wait.....i cant hear it because of my tornado.....but i think its quiet.

I'm using the Antec 430W True Power (dual thermally controlled fans) and it's the quietest PSU I've ever used. I have good airflow in my case and I've yet to hear the fans. HTH...
Tomac

At the end of March, Zalman is shipping their new Super Quiet 400W PSU to the US. It is black in color, just like the Vantecs, except it doesn't have an AC connector. I heard that it is one of the quietest PSU built to date and would retail for about $120.

I currently have the 520W Vantec Stealth PSU and let me tell you, it isn't "stealthy" at all. Even in the lowest fan setting, it is very loud. In fact, the Vantec Stealth PSUs are the loudest PSUs I have ever used! Don't get me wrong though, the power is great and having an external AC plug on the PSU is godsend for my water pump (yes, it turns off with the computer).

I am ordering the Zalman 400W as soon it gets released and selling my Stealth.

Back