• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where did my right click go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

Grr.

I just updated windows ME. NOW, in IE, right clicking on links takes NO action. I right click, nothing happens. I used to be able to right click on links and get options like "open link in new window" etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

EDIT = ALSO it seems that my browser does not automatically forward me anymore, for example after posting here, it says "your browser will take you back or click here to avoid waiting", my browser USED to take me back, but not anymore.

Did you upgrade to Windows ME, or did you do a fresh install with a format? If you did an upgrade, I recommend the same as core does above. A fresh install almost always is much better. Also, I recommend W2K or XP instead of ME. They are much better operating systems.

Had a brand new fresh install of ME. Now, fresh install is outdated by now, has an old version of IE and so on. SO, I hit the upgrade hoping to upgrade to a newer version of IE.

Upgrade successful. Except now some thing don't work the way I want them to. :) Normally, I would agree with the reformat, but this was a clean format - intall - upgrade.

XP may be a good OS, but it is terrible product that could lead to the downfall of free civilization as we know it. XP is spyware, plain and simple, and is MS first step to get you to legally hand over all your rights and freedoms.

XP, you think you want it, and it steals a little bit more of your soul over time.

SO, anyone know how to make WINME work with the new IE?

Thanks much!

Back