• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual P3's 1.4 w/DDR I need a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Ok you SMP freaks ;) I need help I just picked up 2 P3 1.4 Tualatin’s with 1GB (2 X 512) of crucial DDR “not ECC” what motherboard(s) will give me the most reliable / flexible options for overclocking all help is appreciated and are their others with ddr I missed

MSI Pro266TD Master-L
Supermicro Super P3TDDR
IWILL DVD266-RAID

Thank you in advance,
Stedeman

Ya, I was looking and there is no AGP on it, and the built in doesn’t have much information about it. I have been leaning towards the MSI but would like others input first, dose anyone have one?

Im really out of the new parts craze but i believe the iwill board has the same chipset as my vp6. apollo pro? i was actually considering this board awile back but i had no use for ddr compatibility and the caps are closer to the processors on this board than the vp6 so you cant put on massive heatsinks. the via 4-in1's are pretty decent now and probably do better with ddr.

I dont know much about msi but i know quite a few people who are happy with their amd msi duallys.

Yes, all three of the motherboards I am looking for are "Pro266T" chipsets (by VIA)
*I also ordered the MSI from newegg today so anyone with this board please let me know anything I should know about it

Stademan,

There is a board that has everything you require and more. It is the Iwill DVD266U-RN, it a board that I used for my older SMP rig. I couldn't have liked it more. Try Here .

EDIT: It differs from the DVD266-R in that it supports Tualatins, has unboard sound and a NIC (intel).
-G

Thank you but I already ordered the "MSI Pro266TD Master-L" from newegg (fedX should have it to me in 3 days) it has the same chipset so I feel good about it.

i have been running my msi pro 266td with out any problems, and i got it from newegg also :D, it installed right quick and power right up with out any problems, the first chips i used were 1.4 tullys, and i started using the raid arary from the begining. i think this board rocks :D

I have not oc'ed it at all, right now I am hosting an important data base on it, so I have it setup for reliability. its runs SCO UNIX like a champ and just rocks for multiples db request hits with the onboard raid with 4 drive in raid 0+1 with Western Digital SE 200 gig drives.

Since this post is over 10 years old, this is a long shot, but I am looking for a couple of Supermicro P3TDDR motherboards that I can keep on hand as spares for an old Supermicro server. The server has old accounting info that we refer to occasionally, and the boss wants me to see if I can build a spare machine, so that we can keep accessing this data for another year or two. I thought just possibly one or both of you guys might have one of these motherboards laying down on your junk shelves. Thanks!

Back