• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill kk266 or Abit KT7E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FerrariF50

What one would you all pick? I like the Iwill kk266 because it has onboard sound the Abit does not. The Kk266 is $107 and the Abit is $95 so what do you all think?

Screw the Abit KT7E a good board hamperd by somethign bad NO JOYSTICK PORT!!!!! I will stick with my first pick the Iwill kk266 !

heheh when you bump you move this message back up to the top of this fourm it does not allways have to be bump any word will make to come back up to the top.

I hope that helped

Mike :)

FerrariF50 (Jul 16, 2001 12:54 a.m.):
Screw the Abit KT7E a good board hamperd by somethign bad NO JOYSTICK PORT!!!!! I will stick with my first pick the Iwill kk266 !

Well, choose what you may, but like you said, the KT7E has no sound and joystick ports typically come on sound cards.... (since you'd have to add a sound card this would not be a problem.)

SickBoy

ok nevermind now this board is off my list you can't conpare this board to the iwill kk266. The Iwill is far more better then this board. I was talking to them over at the Amdmb.com fourms and they said I better off sticking with the kk266. Because it runs out of the Box one guy had to turn the volts up on his ram just to keep it stable....

I own the KT7E, but in this case would recommend the Iwill because it is a guaranteed 266fsb, whereas the Abit doesn't. Although, I do hate onboard sound...
Plus, you can change your Bios on the Iwill on a daily basis :).

Yup thats what they all keep telling me but I do like the mobo color :) heheh
so is the board is bad as they say? They said that the iwill kk266 is more stable.

supraway (Jul 16, 2001 01:58 p.m.):
I own the KT7E, but in this case would recommend the Iwill because it is a guaranteed 266fsb, whereas the Abit doesn't. Although, I do hate onboard sound...
Plus, you can change your Bios on the Iwill on a daily basis :).

My "E" is stable. Running rock solid with duron 800 @ 1.g

Play UT arena all the time NO problems. Of course I use a mouse NO joystick.

BIOS adjustments 1 mg at a time also, oh yah running @ 133 FSB, So screw their NO guarantee @ 133. And the blue is KEWL also, as I have my cases open.

And you can tweak the BIOS all day if you want.

Thats what I like is when people put a mobo down and they never had it befor. And not all mobo's are the same.

But it's up to you to decide.

Just my $0.02.

Of course my T-bird sys is my baby :)

Good luck.

Cost too much....

reddeathdrinker (Jul 18, 2001 09:38 a.m.):
EPOX all the way. The 8K7A+ series kicks them both into touch. FSB increasable in 1MHz increments? Thats the baby for me. Clock till it drops.

I also play flights sim and what not I'm not trying to put this board down... I'm just going by what I heard.

[Oc].Lionfish01 (Jul 18, 2001 01:13 p.m.):
My "E" is stable. Running rock solid with duron 800 @ 1.g

Play UT arena all the time NO problems. Of course I use a mouse NO joystick.

BIOS adjustments 1 mg at a time also, oh yah running @ 133 FSB, So screw their NO guarantee @ 133. And the blue is KEWL also, as I have my cases open.

And you can tweak the BIOS all day if you want.

Thats what I like is when people put a mobo down and they never had it befor. And not all mobo's are the same.

But it's up to you to decide.

Just my $0.02.

Of course my T-bird sys is my baby :)

Good luck.

FerrariF50 (Jul 18, 2001 11:16 p.m.):
I also play flights sim and what not I'm not trying to put this board down... I'm just going by what I heard.

No No not saying about "you" putting it down.

Just what I have seen.

Thats Y I say from my mobo's I have had, not from what I have "heard".

Peace :)

Yeah it looks likea good board but I looked at that review site you had a link for Viahardware or something like that. They said somewere in their that they are not too sure about the Northbridge chip that Abit used and some other stuff.

[Oc].Lionfish01 (Jul 19, 2001 12:35 a.m.):
FerrariF50 (Jul 18, 2001 11:16 p.m.):

No No not saying about "you" putting it down.

Just what I have seen.

Thats Y I say from my mobo's I have had, not from what I have "heard".

Peace :)

Back