• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dose JBWeld work with Aluminum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

i am considering a diamonplate aluminum case and i dont wanna have it look as ghetto as my current one so im thinking i could JB weld it as i dontahve any welding stuff and dont want to weld anything... can i do this?:D

Aluminum is supposed to be treated with phosphoric acid to get rid of its nonstick sapphire surface coating. Naval Jelly will do this.

What's so special about JB Weld, as opposed to regular epoxy?
You can get a big sample of quick or slow epoxy free from Chemtronics' website.

ya ok sorry i kinda forgot about this and it didnt pop up in my replys thing for somereason.. i didnt wanna use normal epoxy cuz i figured it wouldnt be as strong... it prolly wouldnt right? or would it lolz

and thanks:D

I'm pretty sure it works very well with aluminum. I had some custom waterblocks made for me in the paste and he stealed the channels with some JBweld and solder.

I patched a hole in the water jacket of an aluminum head on a car so I know if it can hold up to that, it will do whatever you need it to do on a PC.

Back