• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 430 is getting on my nerves

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have RMAed my Antec 430 3 times and each time they send a new one,I think anyway,it looks new all new packaging.
Anyway this thing all 3 sucks,I tried it on my EPOX 8K3A+ and it locked up right away.
Tried it on the Soltek and same thing,all three has had low +5 volts,like 4.35.
And the +12 is just over 11 with all three.
My 400 Antec works great no problems at all.

I am getting tired of this has anyone eles experienced this??

Nope. No problems here. Who are you getting your parts from and are you testing with software or a multimeter?

Yes, it is very important to test with a multimeter, and not trust MBM5, etc. You might have a fine PSU and your mobo is reporting that you have low rails.

I a multimeter,in fact I went out and purchased a good one and it gave me same results.

I got an Email into Antec and they seem pretty good about it.
I mean I put it in a perfectly running system and it locks up right away,so I know it is the PSU.But I know Antec will take care of it;)

Mine has been solid like a rock since I got it.

My 12v rail also looks a little low, but I read somewhere the
TruePower series does some type of active monitoring on the
12v rail and adjusts the voltage based on the load....

If it regulates the +12V rail, shouldn't stay constant, regardless of load, unless overloaded?

Is there any chance that the EPOX 8K3A+ doesn't use the +3.3V, and this is causing a problem for the Antec, even though it is a TruePower? My 300W SmartPower has a minimum amp requirement for each positive output, including 0.5A on the +3.3V.

larrymoencurly said:
If it regulates the +12V rail, shouldn't stay constant, regardless of load, unless overloaded?

Is there any chance that the EPOX 8K3A+ doesn't use the +3.3V, and this is causing a problem for the Antec, even though it is a TruePower? My 300W SmartPower has a minimum amp requirement for each positive output, including 0.5A on the +3.3V.

Thats a good question,I know I have read somewere that this PSU dosen't work well with the 8K3A+.
But I had it on a Soltek board that I had to send back so I am not sure if it was the Soltek or the PSU.
Right know I have it on one of my MSI boards to see how it goes,so far so good.It does have a buzzing sound coming from it,like the other two did.

I checked it with a multimeter and then I took it to a friend who works in a computer store and he got low +3.3V and the +5 was lower than normal..
So I am not sure what to think:(

Back