• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good water cooling system???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
I just can not afford a water cooled case but i've been looking at the seprate systems and they are not too much on the pocket, what could i get and how much would it be...i want something thats known to work, a known value you know.

You will probably get much better answers in the water cooling section of the forums, but I'll start you off.

To fit water cooling in a case, you need to plan out exactly where everything will go. If it turns out that you do not have enough room in your current case, get a bigger case or build an external cooling system.

Now for parts:

automotive heater core: $20 (radiator)

tygon tubing: $20 (or vinyl tubing from home depot for much cheaper, but not as good)

waterblock: search around for a good price. Classifieds here are always selling them. Or get one new for $45

pump: eheim 1048 or 1250 - $40-$50. Or you can go cheap with an attwood v500 bilge pump for $15, but it is not designed to last as long and it needs to be submerged so you will need a reservoir.

epoxy, goop, hose clamps, barbs, screws, etc: $25

fans: $10-$20

Also, a great tool to have for any modifications is a dremel. That will run you $50, but you don't necessarily need it. It's just nice to have.

Wow, now that I'm looking at everything here, Hoots case that he sold last week was one helluva deal...

i honestly hadnt noticed a water cooling section (DOH) but thanx

btw i'm ordering an antec SOHO case this week with their 430 watt smart PSU

Back