• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help improving my system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Ok here is what i've come up with after about a month of testing

Best setting

cpu 12 x 190
vcore 1.875
ram 5 2 2 2.0
vddm 2.77
agp bus 69

I can run up to 196 fsb stable but in order to keep my system stable I have to get the vcore above 1.9 which I really dont like. Do you think that in order for me to run 200 fsb I would need better ram. ( I'am thinking on the vdd mod and nb active cooling is on the way.)

For the the fastest memory timings/settings at 200mhz you need damn good memory. I suspect you'll want to get some PC3200 or better cas2 Corsair for that job ;).

Your other option, which you eluded to, is to over-volt the heck out of your current memory. Of course, there's some risk involved and running more voltage doesn't guarantee stability in all cases (everything has its limit).

Last edited:
Well I guess when I decide to do the vdd mod I'll be getting some twinmos ram or kingston hyper x 3500.

I haven't looked but when I get my icebrug for my nb I'll know I do know that my bs ends in A3 but nb and sb can be different.

Back