• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compu-nurse question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

port-error

Registered
Hi, I've been looking all over the net for a "black" compunurse. I know i can paint the other one, but I remember seeing them sold somewhere. Also, anyone got a better way of mounting the compunurse securly in a bay? Mine is a little loose, but stays in the cut okay.

Thanks.

As for what Ive seen there is no black 'nurses' just beige, and shouldnt be too hard to paint. As for securring it, on the inside of the bezel you mounted it to, try adding a dab or too of hot glue, should help keep it solid.

hmm...

my house is anti "arts and crafts" , where would I optain a cheap hot glue gun? or anything that would help with it being very loose?

hardware or crafts store.. (I got mine from Sears for like 10 bucks...gun and glue) but most stores would have them. if your in the USA, Michaels, Sears, Home Depot (I think), Hobby Lobby, Walmart, etc. Outside the USA, I dunno.

hmmm.

will be my first stop on the way home from work then....i might want to paint it before I glue it in...hah. what do you suggest on painting it and having it not fade. Whats the best way to paint plastic and not have the beige show through too?

do a primer coat then several coats of the color you want it to be (black in this case) As for the paint to use, Its really up to you. I am going to be using (when I actualy buy the paint) some spray paint from an automotive supply shop. Note, Im not reffering to body paint (that crap is like 75 bucks a gallon :eek: ) but just standard spraypaint for parts and such. will work on plastic and metal. etc.

ack.

well, i don't need that high quality. I'm going to try to see what I can find at the arts & crafts store for painting plastic. Hopefully they got something I can use over there. the beige color on my case is really annoying -=)

try the paint used for model planes and cars and stuff they even have it in a can and you can use it like spray paint i know michaels has it and i think hungates has it btw i dont know if you have a hungates but they have lots of useful stuff for modding

Back