• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ help! freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

hi, i have my rig at 200fsb x 10mult., it boots and runs through 3dmark01, 3dmark03, unreal2003 tests and all but freezes after a few hours of prime95 no matter how much voltage i give it, it ran through all 11 tests in memtest86, so it's not the memory

i doubt it's the cpu

can this be due to the mosfet, northbridge, or southbridge getting too hot? which mod do you suggest i do? i don't think i need a voltmod, seems like a temperature problem to me since it occurs a few hours into prime95, suggestions welcome, thanks in advance

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
no matter how much voltage i give it,

I would say maybe that i could be the nb or mosfet getting to hot after running 3dmark @ this speed the fell the mosfet the ones in the midlle get the hotiest.

it runs fine for every benchmark, but prime95 a long time makes it freeze, a couple hours at least, it ran at 1.675v fine but with that freezing after many hours of prime95, i've added up to 1.75v just to get rid of the freezing, that's why i don't think it's the cpu, i have it at 1.775v now, have to see if it will freeze

i think i can get my hands on a blue orb for the northbridge, i'm thinking of putting the northbridge heatsink on the southbridge and thermaltake ramsinks on the mosfets, suggestions and comments? can something else be the problem?

Back