• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ggrrrr No Power Up!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banshee350

Registered
I built this machine with a D845WN Intel motherboard, sparkle 350 (also tried a compusa psu 300watt). I cannot get this thing to power up at all!! IM getting sick... I know the switch is connected right, but maybe the switch is bad. I tried putting a jumper across the on off pins and still no power up.

I have the p4 plug in and the atx connector securely plugged. I have no clue what is making this demon not turn on. PLZ HELP! I am just beggin for even some mb beeps.

Alright, I gave up. I started pulling out the cords to put my old computer back in. Then all of the sudden the fans turned on and also I was looking inside the computer and a little transistor on the mb glowed and fried all of the sudden. WIERD! The power clicked off suddenly after this happend. I swear this mb is the biggest piece of crap.

ok i am going to try and sodder it back. my last hope. I found a atx connecter shorting it out on the backside. hope is growing dim

I would make a suggestion but I am afraid to interrupt the conversation you have going with yourself... You are moving along pretty well it seems, give it just a bit longer and you will be there.

I took the one post as you just soldered the fried part back on? Well, that won't work, as the part is fried - as in broken.

Sounds like the mobo is now toast & needs replaced. Hopefully it didn't take any other components along with it.

Back