• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8RDA+ or ABIT NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
until i get the abit in my paws and tested which is looking like monday now as newegg should have it to fedex today.
anyhow i can say the 8rda is better than the a7n8x.
and im guessing but im putting my $$$ where my mouth is,by buying one.the abit is better than the epox.

i have very low expectaions of the 8rga,very few have tested or owned one so its mostly speculation on how good it is.but i have a feeling the on board video will be a hinderance with high fsb even if its disabled.this is a known fact to happen on the original nf1.but i can be wrong also.

darn guys, does this mean i placed the wrong bet on A7N8X :(
i guess so because I have tried all combination and cannot get over the 198fsb mark.

kevinN said:
darn guys, does this mean i placed the wrong bet on A7N8X :(
i guess so because I have tried all combination and cannot get over the 198fsb mark.
well id say the nf7 1.2 has alot better chance of 200+ fsb
but even 198 isnt bad for out of the box.
my a7n8x im using does 194 max
my epox did 192 max until i did the vdd mod.
the asus most likley needs the vdd mod also to run over 200.
so until this past week or so since the abit 1.2 has been hitting the shelves they were all about equal except the asus is missing high vcore options also.
sorry dude but progress happens.but the vdd mod is always an option.

The NF7 (as long as it's 1.2) is a really great board from what I'm hearing. What's interesting though is that I'm also hearing a lot of good things about the Chaintech boards. I've been looking at those myself.

ive read great results from the chaintech also.but here is a few reasons why im waiting on fedex with my nf7 monday.
the chaintech is really expensive.
chaintech is also new to the oc game and that could mean slow changes in needed bios help and revisions.

i just have a hard time buying anything thats not made by asus,epox,or abit. i got burnt on a gigabyte mobo that only did 147fsb when most were doing 166 and i was sick.

it might be a good adventure to try it tho i really dont have any reason to say "no dont buy it" but abits nf7 1.2 is about $50 less for one fully loaded.that kinda seals the deal right there for me.

anyone remember soltek? lol poor guys gave it a shot and scored once but have floundered ever since then.

Back