• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

planar px171m vs hitachi cml174?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David7586

these r the two lcds im lookin at. the only reason im lookin at these 2 r because they have 16 ms response time. upon experience, can ne1 reccomend 1 over the other? i like the planar bcuz of looks but the hitachis have more reviews which makes me wonder y teh planar has had 0 reviews. the most important thing im lookin for is clor representation.

ps. im not sure but rnt the monitors exactly the same in terms of output bcuz they both r manafactured by au-optronics? or maybe they come from the same factory but they r manafactured differently? tia

I faced the exact same decision u are and i went with the Planar. Reasons being:
-Planar looks more stylish, the silver/black case looks amazing, cant even be compared with Hitachi boring/plain case

-The Hitachi does not display as many colors as the Planar. I know this sounds strange even though its the same display, but the Hitachi is limited on color output for some reason. Read into it, may i suggest the lcd display forum at Toms Hardware, there is a LOT of info you can find there, even though some of the people have no clue of what they are talking about. But yea, some people had issues with the Hitachi color.

-I ordered my in advance Planar before it was even selling out on the market, so there was a special on the shipping, and the monitor at the time cost less then the Hitachi cml174, however if im not mistaken you wont find it cheaper now. but i could be wrong.

-Also, if im not mistaken the Planar has integrated speakers, not that i use them, but nonetheless, im not complaining that they are there, just in case.

I think thats about it that there is to compare between the two. Good luck, and if my message didnt show this... i strongly suggest the Px171m. You will NOT regret it by any means, and after this monitor, you Definately will not go back to buying crts!

ps. just as a sidenote, dont know if people are still putting pressure onto you about lcds not being made for gaming?... dont listen to them. they havent seen these new sub 16ms lcds in action. Whenever i get a chance to play UT2K3 i jump on it. Its incredible! In my opinion, this is the best gaming lcd on the market at the moment.

Back