• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nylon hose clamps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

if you have ever tryed these you know how i fell, dont waste your $ i spent 4 hours trying to get them to seal tight, finaly i wint to the hardware store and bought the metal clamps. WASTE OF 10$

Mine worked fine, no leaks, and only a few minutes to install. I did need to use a metal clamp on one of the HC ports as the nylon clamp was to small. I did go out and buy a couple of metal clamps this morning as I ran out of nylon clamps and can't find any locally. I was going to order some more online but the shipping cost on 10 or less clamps is more than the clamps themselves.

Big Bad oMek said:
if you have ever tryed these you know how i fell, dont waste your $ i spent 4 hours trying to get them to seal tight, finaly i wint to the hardware store and bought the metal clamps. WASTE OF 10$
Don't feel bad, I had the same experience. I NEVER recommend those plastic clamps, they just don't actually CLAMP! I had leaks, it was a nightmare. Metal auto hose clamps are the best way IMO, you can get metal clamps that are lined on the inside so they don't mangle the tubing.

You only have problems if you buy the wrong size. If you have 5 teeth left after you finger tighten then go get the pliers out and click two more teeth.

Big Bad oMek said:
i could not evin finger tighten 1 teeth lol

Weak LOL J/K no I got the size where it would have 10 teeth. I can click 3-4 teeth before it engaged the tubing, and then plier the rest of the way. Han not leaked and I know cause I use UV light and there are no leaks detected. :D

mine where so small on tygon tubing it would not click 1 without plyers, dam www.dtek.com they coulda told me that before they sold me both at same time

Back