• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my Geforce4 MX440 in PCI mode???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th0r

Looking at my settings to squise a little more juice from it, it said

Bus-------------------------------------------AGP (PCI mode)
Memory--------------------------------------64Meg DDR.

Why is it in PCI mode?????

I went into rivatuner to change it to AGP 4x but the option was grayed out.

It says....

AGP Transfer Rate - Determined by Driver - PCI Mode.

Wtf???? my computer supports 4x easily.....

i am using the 41.09 drivers, but i have tryed the 43.00 and the 42.07 or someething along those lines.....all three come out with the same result.

Check your BIOS and make sure it didn't get disabled there. If AGP aperature is set to 4MB that means its disabled. Also check DXdiag.

-Rav

come on guys....i have noticed a great performace drop......it was dead fast when i bought it...but it is stuck in PCI mode...when i look in powerstrip it saying software enabled ticked but the hardware enabled blank...

does your mobo have an option similar to "load optimized defaults"? Your mobo should default to the correct setting. If you still have a problem after that, then the problem isn't your agp/pci setting.

How do i do this??????? My motherboard is not VIA....its a MSI 65xx motherboard.......cannot remember the exact motherboard number....if u know a sight can u plz ive me a link plz.

You have an MSI board? Go to MSI's website, download and install "MSI Live Update 2", then use it. It will list all recent drivers for your motherboard / onboards / new bios images, and even install the drivers for you if you want it to.

Or you can just download the drivers directly. Anyway, the model numbers for MSI boards are printed right on the board, and also come up during boot, in the bios identifier string. It's like the first section.

my msi is a via board. and you need a chipset driver for ALL motherboards, some are preloaded into windows (like the good old bx board) so we dont have to install them, but they are there none the less

Back