• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Panaflo fans........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snyperx

Registered
I was looking at getting a Panaflo fan for my heater core, but was wondering how I go about hooking it up? It seems the Panaflo's only come with a bare wire configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope the only solution isn;t having to buy a fan control box:( Thanks.

You can just wire up the fan leads to a 4 pin molex plug if you want to keep it simple. The yellow wire is 12V , the two inside black wires are ground, and the other red wire is 5v or 7v I forgot. I just got a 120mm U1A yesterday and was messing around with it at work plugging it into the 4 pin molex connector. I think connecting it to a fan controller would be ideal because you can dial in the exact speed/noise you want.

If you buy it from the right place, they will have an adapter that you plug into the fan. There is a tiny white connector that goes into the fan.

unloaded,
They have the 3-pin molex (I can't use that becuase all my mobo connecters are in use), so would I go with the 4 pin pass through? I am assuming that is the same as a 4-pin molex? Thanks.

yeah... it uses the 4-pin molex, and gives you another 4-pin connector, so adding the fan does not take up a valuable power connector.

Back