• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

usb Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
question 1

is there a internal usb cord ( to go from the motherboard to a straight usb port ( so that every thing is internal)

question 2

would attaching a wireless keyboard mouse combo receiver to said usb port affect the compter ( in terms of RF interfearnce)

question 3: Do you know anyone who has a wireless keyboard mouse combo and has put the receiver inside the case to see if it still transmits okay through the case?

i would imagine you can use any usb connector that uses the front of the pc, or one that's meant for the pci slots in the back of the case, but i wonder why you want the remote transmitter in the case. i'm sure if you read the instructions, it will suggest you keep it away from the wires, and other electronics, which is hard enough to do , when it's outside the pc case.

i think it's a bad idea all together, but maybe if you have a large case, you can mount it near a window mod or something , so, there won't be a solid steel, or aluminum wall in the way:)

well that or i could put it between the out side of the metal case and the inside of the plastic front

i just want it invisible

crash893 said:
well that or i could put it between the out side of the metal case and the inside of the plastic front

i just want it invisible

mount it upside-down under the desk... maybe? :D

Question 4 : Is USB2.0 backwards compatible to USB1.1 - i ask this silly question cause canon try to charge an extra 10 pounds for a dual USB2.0 and USB1.1 lead in their Canoscan scanners! Surely the bloody USB2.0 cheaper one just slows down to 1.1 if you dont have USB2?

i really dont want to mount it to the desk

the whole point of this is to keep it agial , easy to move and eleminate outside wires

the only thing i can say, is try it, and let us know if it causes problems. i would think the strength of the transmitting signal will be more impotant to you than anyone else though, so, if you read a review that brags up the powerful signal on product xxx, that might be for you. i don't think it's going to work smoothly though

i wish you the best luck though

if it'll fit, i'd secure it to the inside of the plastic front. the only side effect should be a slight decrease in range, if that even. there's no way it'll damage your components.

Sorry you didnt answer the question:

Does USB2.0 device connected into a USB1.1 MB become USB1.1 or does it not work at all?

some will but some need a higher speeds like 12X burning and above and otherthings as well you will need to read up on each high speed devise before you go with it but a 2.0 card is only $20 shipped at most places online so go for the card and dont worry about anything

PCI slots might be an issue though;

Modem, network card, possibly one slot out of action from Gfx card, might only leave one slot!

Stedeman said:
you need a modem and NIC?:rolleyes:

I do. I had my DSL go down and had to use dial up to turn in all the folding WUs. That and you do NOT want to see my mother when she can't get her EEEEEEEMAIL!!!!

Back