• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning on going dual Tbreds....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I just want to confirm a few things:

I have an MSI K7D-Master-L mobo, currently with two XP1600+ Pallys. I would like to swap in a pair of Tbred 1700+ XPs. I have a few questions, as I have never dealt with tbreds before.

1)Multipliers 5.5 to 12.5 will be available automatically by default,
yes?
2)Blowing the 3rd and 5th L3 would give me 13x, but would it give me access to the higher multis in the BIOS?
3)Will a few new batteries in series (say a couple 6 or 9v ones) give sufficient voltage/current to cut the bridges?

The people in the SMP section will probably be more resourceful since they already know this where some of us here may not be entirely sure that what we're posting is correct.

G'luck but that'll be a sweet dual rig :)

1 Good 9V will pop those suckers the second you make contact. Us some wire and a pair of sewing needles for accuracy.

I cant comment on the bios settings because on my dual asus i have to hard code the multiplier.

Back