• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

file access

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
is there anyway to see what or who is accessing a file so that it cant be deleted

ive noticed this on a few files on my hdd that just refuse to die
weird stuff like .mpgs and some .wav

says cant be deleted becuase its beign used

when its clearly not

even after a reboot

ive done a virus check and nothing also my firewall is up and running and i even unpulged the eithernet cord for a day incase it was a trojan

suggestions are appreshated

crash893 said:
is there anyway to see what or who is accessing a file so that it cant be deleted

ive noticed this on a few files on my hdd that just refuse to die
weird stuff like .mpgs and some .wav

says cant be deleted becuase its beign used

when its clearly not

even after a reboot

ive done a virus check and nothing also my firewall is up and running and i even unpulged the eithernet cord for a day incase it was a trojan

suggestions are appreshated

well i am guessing you're running xp or 2k... is the "preview" bar on the left hand side on? if so, that's where the problem is. right click on the file and then select delete. the reason it says it is being used (possibly) is because it's trying to get a preview ready for you and that is what is causing it. i have had the same problem before... try the right click and delete and let me know how that goes...

if thats true then how come its only files seeminly at random

i can delete a mpg right in the same folder

do you mean preview like stats on it
or
preview liek it pays the movie becuase i dont have that

crash893 said:
if thats true then how come its only files seeminly at random

i can delete a mpg right in the same folder

do you mean preview like stats on it
or
preview liek it pays the movie becuase i dont have that

hmm... well there goes my theory... :rolleyes: