• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2-L & @2100+ TbrebB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

black_wing

For those out there who have this board and this cpu.
Both CPU & MOBo consumed my $$$ so fast....:mad:

I wanted to know how far can i push this CPU on this particular mobo...

I was hoping something around 2.2 to 2.4 gigs...:p

I heard it's possible... so i got up and bought the 2100+ TbrebB (i heard it's the most overclockable..) 03 week 1 ... wonder if this a not so good stepping.. i heard 0249 is the best.... It's even a AIUHB..... i would order online... but i am in bad terms with FED EX. :rolleyes:

Before i open up the nice package and install that baby and turn it into a beast....

i need as much info on how i can manage this safely.... I don't want to play with fire.... if i don't have the tools....:mad:

any information would help... please.. see my sig for more info on my pc info.

Thank you:D

Nice Choices

Hi there,

I built a similar system recently.

21000XP Tbred (B) (used wire trick...at 195x11.5)
Vantec Aeroflow
MSI K7N2-L
2x256 Corsair XMS Twin DDR400
Sapphire 9500 128DDR (Softmodded to 9700 and o/c to 350/303)
80GB Western Digital 8MB Cache
Liteon 16X DVD
Liteon 52X CDRW
Antec 1080AMG with 420W True Power
Dell Trinitron 21" Flat Screen

This system smokes Pentium 4 3.06Ghz or Barton 3000+ with 9700Pro.

Get 4986 in 3dmark03 and 16444 in 3dmark2001 !!!

Dats some great results!!! :D
Hopefully i will be able to hit [email protected]

Rit now i am burnin my cpu on prime95 @ 5x100 1.82v
Just did the wire trick on the zif socket...

hopefully in 24-48 hours.... i will be able to start overclocking it a bit... and then until at least 72 hours till the thermal paste breaks into effect... then i can turn this cute little CPU to an ugly but powerful beast..:cool:

Hope all goes well, and that my CPU won't get angry.:mad:

thanks 4 ur help... makes me more confident and more patient...(while burn in)

And one Q... what's your temps... are u usin the stock Thermal P from the HSF or usin AS3?

Last edited:
Answer to your Q

I am using AS3

Idle at approx. 55
Under load not much more

BUT, I heard the temp readings are at least 10 degrees higher then what they actually are.

My Vcore is only at 1.7

Good Luck.

2.25G.... geez... that's like a 2800+:p

anyways... well see if i can get over 2 gigs first.... maybe 2.4 will or not work... depends on the mobo too... since K7N2 is a pretty good stable board... i prolly will be able to reach 200/200. just wondering if i can either set the mult at 12 or not..... You never know until u try... right!?

"BUT, I heard the temp readings are at least 10 degrees higher then what they actually are."

Does that apply to the case temp too???

Back