• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Question for AIRGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Procharger

Ok I messed up and ordered from an oddball company and received the dud AIRGA 2100XP processor. I was wondering if this dud could be unlocked to perform as well as the T-Bred B's?

I think you're mistaking the meaning of "Unlocking". Unlocking means that you connect the L1 bridges to be able to change the CPU multiplier setting, every T-Bred is unlocked (the L1 bridges are connected). You can't make a TbredA perform as a TbredB as these are two completely different chips, although the basic design is the same, the TbredB has one extra metal layer which helps the chip run as cool as it does and also helps it reduce interfierences, so the chip can run more stable at higher speeds.
So basically, there are sort of 2 questions in your post.
1. You don't need to unlock, the chip IS unlocked already.
2. No, you can't make the TbredA perform/overclock as a TbredB.

Thanks for clearing this subject up for a newby. I guess I'll run this chip until the prices drop, I'm sick of it or I burn it up.

Thanks for the reply.

I've got loads of cooling potential for my computer with my heatsink and fans so I hope I can overclock this thing some.

If your wondering what I've got for cooling it's the sk6 plus w/Delta 60mm, vantec 80mm Tornado, one Super System Cooler, an 80mm Stealth, no name 80mm came with case, and a HD Cooler. All of which may be for nothing.

I'm not absolutely sure how to tell as all I know for sure is it has the date 1999 and AIRGA on it. I can look for more information to see if it's a Palamino. Just let me know what to look for and I will.

if yer not sure what it is download WCPUID. if its model 8 its tbred if its model 6 it pali. then you can also go into further detail of what it is by the other info it tells you.. :)

OC Detective said:
If the AIRGA info is on a black sticker then it is a Tbred if it is printed directly on the core it is a Palomino

It's on a black rectangle and I'm figuring it's a rectangle but it's hard to tell still in the package. It's not on the core I'm pretty sure unless the core is at the bottom and I'm pretty sure it's not :(.

Back