• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linksys 4port/wireless..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok well basically i fried my old linkksys router i plugged my cable modem power into it (the same size and look alike) and it fried it... so anyway what should i do with it, any ideas?

if the warranty's still good you could pull a "i dunno, it just quit working"

or if you have any sort of insurance with your surge protector you could claim "hey lightning effed up my router"

heh of course, all of these are dishonest, but I assume you're looking for a way out other than "buy a new router"

Or rather then 'cheating' your way into getting a new one. you could paint it with UV/Neon paints and use it as a paperweight or conversation piece. Or you could just lie your way out of and get a replacement

Note for future; Always look carefuly at the back or bottom labels on your devices for the power ratings and then check the power supplie's before plugging them in ;) (I've fried a lot of things doing that...everything from lamps to telephones...hehe :) )

Back