• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You burned you CPU? come here!! =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

black_wing

Burning in CPU as in Conditioning... not Burnt CPU

I wanted to know your "burning in" cpu experience...

rit now i am burnin my 2100+ @ 5x100 1.82v

when i got this cpu yesterday, i did not know of the wire trick.. so i tried burnin my cpu at [email protected] (lowest mult).
I don't think this counts as burn in... or does it???

anyways, please post your results... your failures... anything that relates to this.

And Post your OC success... BRAG!! please Brag of ur success.... and for those who like to BRAG about their failures... post them too!!

I calculated this... i bought a 2100+, if all goes well and i hit 2.4 gigs.. it's a equivalent of a xp2800+,2700+ rit? I save like 500-600$$!!!! Yahooo!! that's CDN dollar... not US... I wish it was US.. :p

POst POst POST!!!:mad:

When I burnt my chip in, it was at the highest stable speed I could get it to. And if you get it up to 2400MHz, you're past a 2800+.. They run at 2250MHz.. ;)

lucky you... the highest vcore i can get with my mobo is 1.82-1.84 at most..... until MSI comes out wit some new bios... or someone will come out a third party bios... think about the k7s5a... Cheepo Bios...

For sure! :D Right now I'm a bit lower then 2300MHz though... I'm trying to get my FSB as high as possible. I'm at 12x185 right now.

I noticed u live in MTL..... MTL rocks... except for the Canadian... duh.... they won't make the playoffs.... who cares... dats why MOLSON dumped them..lol

I live in the West Island(MTL).... Where do u shop ur PC parts?? maybe you can hook me up... or vice versa....:D

Damn right MTL rocks! :D They played a pretty nice game tonight, though. They might still make it to the playoffs, but it'll be hard as hell. I usually order my stuff online, through ncix.com. Where do you get your stuff? I don't actually live IN MTL, I live in Mascouche.... Close enough though. :D

I get my stuff off stores.... check out this store... pcinfocomputers.com

since i am in bad terms wif FED EX... never paid the tax... BS Tax....

Ever shoped at Micro Bytes!!? You shouln't....

That store looks alright, but they don't have much selection. I'm looking for a store that sells either the Abit or Epox nforce 2 boards. I've heard about Micro Byte, but I've never actually been to one.

I heard most of their stuffs are OEM..... and most OEM are either Refurb... or returned prod... or just no box,drivers or manuals...

I bought everything in my sys except CPU from them... as long as it's not OEM.. it's fine... but they didn't even sell 2100+.....and i found PCINFO had like limited amount left... so i quickly bought one... =)

Last edited:
Lithan said:
Black wing No selling here. Gotta get 100 posts and put it in classifieds.

He didn't try to sell anything....

I hope your chip does good.. It takes 1.95v for me to get my chip stable at 2300MHz.

I did try to sell something.... just edited the POST.... :p

1.94v... i don't think my mobo can hit that... the max is 1.82~1.84..... hope the burn in will help..

Oh.. Hehe. It shoud help. :)

BioS said:

Interesting?? How do you get 12 multiplier w/that Xp 2100+ b? I assume you running with A7V333 board.

I just used cunductive grease on the 5th L3, and voila, 5x-12.5x. There's also a wire trick to unlock them. And yes, I'm using the A7V333.

Edit: I just noticed you're using the same board as I am. If you unlock your CPU, could you tell me how high you're able to get your FSB?

Last edited:
Use the wire trick.... at least you won't be modding your cpu... and u can use the windows defogger trick wit the pin....but the wire trick is the easiest and cheapest... =)

Actually I find using conductive grease to be safer. I don't even want to think about what might happen if someone were to wrap the wrong pins.... Plus this stuff doesn't dry, you can clean it off really easily.

true dat, wrong pins is not good... but good thing i did it rit... well, if u decide on doing the wire trick.... if u cannot find conductive ink... ( im not sure where i buy them ) .... here is the pic on how to do it rit..
zif%20soket.JPG

you can use a thin wire from the phone lines.. or any other if u can find... simply cut a small piece... and make a "u" shape...

After this is done make sure the cpu is firmly seated in the soket so the die still makes good staight contact with the hsf.

its all that simple....

Burning in has never worked for me, but I always try it anyway. With my current chip I burned in at 133*7.5 @ 1.95v. Left the windows open most of the time to let the cold Ottawa air in so the temps were extremely low.

BTW, I've ordered from www.shoplci.com before, I think they're in MTL. Had a pretty good experience with them.

And I'd like to thank you guys for letting Dougie go home (I'm originally from T.O.).

Back