• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hercules vs Sapphire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben Cole

Trying to buy a Sapphire Radeon 9700 , and after a while they still haven't got them in stock. So I changed my order to a Hercules instead.......any opinions on how these two compare????

The Hercules have excellent RAM sinks, and there GPU HSF is copper, Ive not come across a better overclocker with Stock cooling

i was just bout to ask this exact question

in england the hurcules is 50 pounds (bout 75us$) more but is it worth it. its easy for me to get both and considering im goin to w/cooling soon that kinda cancels out the better cooler.

i will admit that all my gfx cards have been hurcules and they have all been very good but its alot of money if im not gona see that much of a performance increse.

ps. what kind of o/c are you getting wid each card

help needed thanx.

edit: BEN where are you trying to get your card from and what price are they?

The Hercules card looks sweet. (But thats not a good reason to buy it :p ) It already has little ram sinks on it. So overclocking should be good.

DSC01065.jpg

Guru3d has nothing but good to say about the 9500PRO and 9700np 3D Prophet cards

Hercules 3D Prophet

I am buying from overclockers UK. The hercules is 30 quid more
(230 inc vat)

Since I have just got a large pay rise I went for it. The sapphire wont be available until at least the end of next week, probably later. The hercules could ship immediately so I went for it, should be delivered this morning, shame I won't be there to receive it eh?

£230 at overclockers UK... I think you may want to check again, its £301, I bought mine from dabs.com at £310, but i orderd something else, so the delivery charge made it cheaper.

Hercules have good and known reputation for making good and stable graphic cards, also the card ships with full version of Never Winter Nights (i think) which if you ask me is worth paying that extra little cash

Plus hercules card looks SEXY :D

penguinpoo said:
£230 at overclockers UK... I think you may want to check again, its £301, I bought mine from dabs.com at £310, but i orderd something else, so the delivery charge made it cheaper.

I think you ought to read the thread again......we are talking about a NON pro 9700. They do a deal of 199 plus vat a stunning saving of about 4 quid.LOL

Back