• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IWILL KK266 USB riser/case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Incarnated666

Registered
On an old MSI(M.ajorly S.ubpar and I.nferior) board I had, it came with a cable that went from the riser to a pci slot for 2 extra USB connections. When I got my IWILL board I saw the same riser. When looking through the manuals, I found that the only difference between the 2 was the pin aray. I just pulled the pins out and rearranged them. It worked great.
My next thought was about my short chord on my Gravis Gamepad. I hated being limited on how far I could sit away from the monitor and I occasionally had to change devices in the USB connections. That was a hassle to get behind the computer everytime. I had an extra 3 1/2 bay on my case and a cover for it as well. I just did some minor cutting on the plastic and a little hacksawing on the PCI/USB connector. I now have plenty of chord on my Gamepad and I can remove it easily. This may help you if you are running out of PCI slots as well. Here are 2 pics of the mod

Back