• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer wont stay on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

after running for around 10-15 minutes my computer shuts itself off and wont come back on until i unplug it and then replug it in

(had a really bad lightening storm today)

do you think the problem is power supply??
list other problems it could be

Not good form to post in multiple sections. You've got an answer in general hardware. PM a mod to get rid of one.

i air dusted the power supply out and the rest of the computer

i've been running Folding@home stable for the last 24 hours, so i think the power supply itself was overheating. thanks anyway though. Glad i didn't have to move everything into a new case (nonstandard hp power supply).

(dads computer, not mine)
cpu is running 40, its a t-bird, so thats pretty good temp for that processor.

i was really actually looking forward to getting rid of the hp case. Any idea how i can kill the power supply on purpose?

also, i'd like some suggestions on how to kill a 1600+ also. i've tried overclocking it high, but apparently the chip doesnt mind a 230 meghrz overclock. Only reason i dont go higher is the pci bus goes to far out of spec. motherboard doesnt have voltage options. think cutting the system fan off will do the trick? i just don't want it to look too obvious, i want it to look like it was amd's fault and not mine.

Back