• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM 5 Temps/Sensors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

I've browsed through the forums on the MBM site and I have some questions for our smart oc forumers:

Which temperature reading is more accurate, on-die or in-socket? And just to clarify, in socket is underneath the cpu and on-die is on the cpu itself, right?

Someone on the MBM forum suggested that LM90 Remote is on-die and LM90 Local is in-socket, but that should mean that the LM90Local sensor should be a little cooler than the remote sensors and also react more slowly, right?

Right now as I'm burning in, i have readings of 36 for CPU (LM90remote), 28 for system, and 38 for CPU (insocket, LM90local)... which is confusing because shouldn't the in-socket reading report cooler than the on-die?

Oh, I have a GA-7VAXP rev. 1.1

Just a side note, which voltag line sensors are people running on the vaxp? I'm using SIS950/ITE8705F -4 as this one is seems to be the only one to correctly report my vcore...

I dont think the VAXP has the socket sensor, so you will only get the reading from the die. I know that on the Rev2.0 VRXP that is true, and also on the Rev1.0/1.1 that dont have the on die ability, but have the socket sensor it is the SIS one for that also.
Hood

So what temperature is being reported from the SIS sensor? Where is this sensor located?

Back