• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.3g barton possible...!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qt_Gino

Registered
Well I'm a bit of a newbie at this but living in this forum 4 the past two weeks has shown me light from day... along with tons of head aches lol..... everyone sayin there mobo is the best... i've finally settled with the nf7 rev. 1.2 and am quite please... and i see it's potential. I should have opted 4 the 2100+ but i got too excited and got the 2500+barton. Now i hear it's an ok OCer... nothing great but i guess nothing like the 2100 but too little too late lol... well i've woked out this rig.. i've got superb airflow in my case and i only have the aerowflow cooler but i'm gettin slk900 soon enough.... now... what would i ahve to do to get my barton to the 2.3ghz range....? like 4 example what voltages.. fsb.. multi.. if needed.... i ordered some ocz 3500 and it'll do great with the 2225 timings... but what do i need to get the processor up to spec..?

Thx 4 all te help guyz...

I have my XP2500+ running at 2.3GHz (12x193) with a vcore of 1.85v however, my board is an Epox 8RDA+ rev 1.0. I'm using 2 sticks of 256MB PC3200 TwinMOS memory. I believe the memory settings are 4-2-2-2 and the memory voltage is set to 2.7v.

you could probably go for 1.85v-1.9v, 12x multi, 200FSB (if your board has a 1/6 PCI bus divider, or a locked PCI bus like the asus A7N8X) otherwise go for a lower FSB.........mabye 166 and 14x muti.

Back