• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do you guys mount the heat core??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
what do you guys use to mount/hold down the heatcore??

the bottom of the heatcore isn't flat, so.............?? i'm thinking Velco, but would like to have other bright idea from you guys. :rolleyes:

also, in a Antec full tower case, do you guys remove both of the front intake fan/bracket too??

tks in advance!!

i got a large heatercore in a big case. ill be removing most of the front planel (and 3x 4 1/2 inch bays and the floppy bay) i dunno how to attach the heater core to the case. but ive heard plastic glue works (as in the stuff you use in glue guns - glue you have to melt to a liquidy form then it hardens when dry) but my heatercores gonna have 4 120mm fans and two shrouds attached so ive got no idea if it strong enough

also i belive you can use other glues (jc weld? (somthing like that name)

I'm also interested in this topic - i was thinking of a bracket or zip ties mounted to holes in the case. Don't know if it'll be strong enough or allow easy mounting of shroud.

mine is just sitting in there. usually the pressure of the hoses pushing against it will pin it to the front of the case, and most of them have fairly flat bottoms so they sit nicely

Solder two brass thumb nuts to the bottom of the core. Why thumb nuts? By using thumb nuts you do not risk screwing the screw to deep and penetrating the core.

Back