• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In-Win Q500 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tim-E T

I am thinking of buying this case but i have a couple questions first before i put my money down.

1st point Drives: The thing is, is that i prolly will not use more then 1-2 hard drives and 1-2 optical drives so alot of space is wasted. I could get a smaller case but this one seems to be very solid and has room for expandablity. Is this the right way of thinking?

2nd point Silence: i want to make my computer as quiet as possible and i thought that because it was sturdy it wont rattle much. after i looked at it i was thinking that maybe i could mod it so that it could fit 120mm fans. could a dremel cut through the steel?

3rd point Airflow: i noticed that the space in which the drive cables go down to the motherboard could have restricted airflow. Is this the case? if i were to cut a blowhole would it make the rear top fan useless? Basically the main question is the airflow decent in this case?
one last thing, is the rear fan next to the motherboard useless if i put 120mm's at the top?

I know there are alot of questions but if u can answer one or 2 that would be a great help. Some of them prolly will only be able to be answered by a owner of the case. Thanks all!

:)

Its a very solid case, and yes, you can mod it with a dremel to accomodate a 120mm fan(front and maybe top). As to the extra drive bays, you never know when you might want to expand. You would be pretty much wasting your time with a top blowhole, as only the floppy and possibly a hard drive are up top, with limited airflow. It is basically separated into sections. Aside from the top, airflow is pretty good.

I really like mine, it an old one so I don't know if they changed anything, but there is a small space passing cables from top to the motherboard area, but if you only have a few items just get some rounded cables. The airflow really needs to exit right behind the CPU and through the PS. Putting fans in the top section won't help so much as in the bottom area.

man o man , definately get this case, I LOVE this case ,Sturdy Solid, and does it ever have great airflow, I got one 80 in the front and 2 80's out the back
I would personally say ditch the 3 1/2 drive cage, and buy some rails to mount your hd 's in the 5.25 slots, this opens soooo much room to fold your cables out of the way and still have good airflow .
A member here had a complete water cooling setup in side of his case ,pump ,radiator and everything all fit into this case.
I cant say enough good things about it , but this is a case you pass down to your children .

silent bob said:

I cant say enough good things about it , but this is a case you pass down to your children .

I know what you mean, I'm keeping this for awhile especially since I'm testing my mods on this. I actually want more room, but probably most everything else is smaller.

Here are my mod pics, pretty basic, but the start of something

http://home.earthlink.net/~fmah/cooling.html

Back