• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alright Shadowcat 66

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

I don't know what you fed your rigs, but I want it! We had a great battle goin on for some time (I was winning) and then all of a sudden BAM 539 PPD! Almost 2900 PPW! Whoa ur like the 3rd highest producer all o sudden!!!!! Way to go, and well say high to CM and OC3d for me and ahh what the heck Jon why ur at it. ;)

Very soon I will post some pics of my growing beast...I'm not sure when I will stop.I made sooooooooo many changes in the last couple of months that I cant even think straight right now.I bought some plastic shelving so I wouldnt be so limited to the number of boards I add.Just ordered another switch (2 linksys dont like each other).I have a XP2400 on the way as I write this.I checked statsman this morning and I went over 3000 ppw!Dang!All new nodes for my yatta will now be 2400's so that should help in our race for number 2.

I would like to take the time to thank everyone who has answered all my silly AMD questions.It made my tranistion to AMD alot less painless and greatly helped out team 32's quest to be number 1.

3rd Huh,I might just have to do something about that :)

However it turns out when the dust settles,no matter,Its for the cause......team 32......and lastly me.

Fold on team 32,WE WILL PREVAIL!!!!

Yeah ur right in the end its all goin to the same place...for the cause. What are you replacing? PM if you are interested in unloading the replaced CPUs.

Not so fast Cat ;) I just added another dual 2.2 Zeon to the mix with HT enabled so theoretically 4 more P4 2 GIGs with a GB RDRAM. I also am awaiting the arrival of my Epox 8RDA which will house my other 2100 (0250) for the time being. I dunno if it's enuff to hang with the AMD upgrades but I'm gonna try n rally :D Keep foldin Kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This should also boost us in our quest for 2nd place.

ShadowCat66 said:
Very soon I will post some pics of my growing beast...

I think I can speak for many when I say " I can't wait to see this". The sooner the better

ElroyCarbon said:
Not so fast Cat ;) I just added another dual 2.2 Zeon to the mix with HT enabled so theoretically 4 more P4 2 GIGs with a GB RDRAM. I also am awaiting the arrival of my Epox 8RDA which will house my other 2100 (0250) for the time being. I dunno if it's enuff to hang with the AMD upgrades but I'm gonna try n rally :D Keep foldin Kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This should also boost us in our quest for 2nd place.

Nice addtion! I cant wait to see what that does for your ppw.I didnt think the race between us was over just yet.While I do have some helpers,they only add up to about 6GHZ of power with PII's,PIII's and 2 P4's.They do help buts its my farm that shot up my ppw.Nothing like a steady 15GHZ of dedicated AMD power to help a guy out.It should be around 20GHZ real soon.I just need to figure out why my switches dont like each other.
I have my cable modem go to a linksys router(1 port) then it goes to another linksys 8 port switch,which feeds to my comps in the house.I use one port on that switch to go to my farm which is another linksys switch.Thats the bugger that is chattering non-stop.the activity lights flicker all the time.Its the reason why I cant use my Linux box to run them just yet.Win98se seems to handle it but linux will not.I was told that linksys switches dont like to be connected down stream of each other(linksys told me I was at fault,cables, ect....).not sure,but I was going to try an Aopen swtich after my router and run both switches down stream from that.....if that works.look out!!! I just opened up alot more ports to fill!!!Newegg will be getting some more orders then.

My goal is the top 5 :D After that, well, we shall see.I have a plan,more on that later.

ShadowCat66 said:

only add up to about 6GHZ of power

Its funny how people talk when their head is in the clouds....ONLY 6GHz ha ha ha.

keep it up ShadowCat66..and keep us posted. its interesting to see how much output it takes to get to and maintain those high spots.

Opps,I didnt think that comment through.I didnt mean to tick anyone off with that.

Everyone is important to the team,Thats why it is a team.

One bee,no trouble,small and one swat away from being history,a swarm on the other hand is a foe to be reckoned with.Bee is still the same size just more.Strength in numbers!

Last edited:
well if you are talking about me...then yea I finally cracked 2500PPW, turned -advmethods on for a couple computers this weekend.

I am now just trying to crank out the points to get closer to the top. I am currently working on a 1600 point gap that was between 27th and 26th spot. It was 1600 on friday night...now its down to just under 550

Shadow you be the man and you too broken. Yes this battle has been going on awhile now between us....and funny if I remember right back when we posted our goals for the new year the top 5 was MINE so this is going to be a battle all the way to #5 BABY!!!!!!!!Gawd WI electric is going to love me. LOL, Shadow keep it up bro

Edit WOOHOO I just broke 580ppd or 2674 PPW which is a record for me. :)

walaka7 said:
/me looks at the mighty folders, then runs and hides in the corner :D

What are you talking about kid, you ARE one of the mighty folders. I have been keeping a close eye on my rearview for some time now. :D

ElroyCarbon said:

What are you talking about kid, you ARE one of the mighty folders. I have been keeping a close eye on my rearview for some time now. :D

Your being way to modest Walaka,Power folder you are and dont think I wont be keeping an eye on ya.You always seem to come on hard,Top ten is yours bud.Great work!!

ElroyCarbon said:

Well,I did it again......add another [email protected] just met the deadline before they went offline,man I had to rush to sneak that one under my belt.

My yatta is now at 6 nodes.They are:
XP1900
XP2000
XP2000
XP2100
XP2100
XP2400

All are running at 140FSB(dont want them crashing on me)

The XP1900 will be a XP2400 by next week! Keep up the steam EC,I think we will need it to reach the top 5,seems they are adding as we speak.If they keep going we will need 4000ppw to stay there!!!!!!!

:eek:

EDIT: Just ordered another board with a 2400......Then there was seven:D

Last edited:
Back