• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice on full tower please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

i saw a tower very similar to this one, only for a lot less $ than this model. i really dig the slide out mobo tray, and the size of it. i saw it posted in a thread here some time ago, been looking for it for days now and can't find it again. i'd like to get the case w/o psu, i have a sparkle 400w to put in it, but if it comes w/ cheap psu that's fine as well.... any input here would be great, i'm sick of looking at my crammed full mid-tower and i have to put in an order for a few other things in the next few days anyway, so i'd like to order then.....

http://www.aopen.com/products/housing/h700-series.htm

everyone and there brother (sister too most likely) has a cheiftec/antec case, they're good cases i won't argue that. but i'm looking for something a little different. specifically that slide out mobo tray, notice how with the Aopen case the mobo tray slides out from the back? your pci cards and all. you can pull the mobo without removing cards etc.... very very nice feature. what i was looking for specifically was a knock-off of that Aopen casethat i'd seen posted in this section before. i don't care about fancy windows or even having very many fan places, i run a watercooler and i'll do all the mods/painting myself. someone posted a link to a review of the specific case i'm talking about, it was only in the 20-40 $ range, and was very well built for the money. i'm still hunting for it online, thanx for the input and if anyone else has ideas please post them or links,

thanks!

J.

Last edited:
you mean the cases in the link i have? well i dsay for the money 35 bucks for that is quite good... i just like it being big- as long as it dosnt fall apart on me id be happy cuz it would be modded so much it wouldnt matter:D
besides, none of those have 6+ CD-Rom drives and lots of room up top (what i would want) but he might be looking for something more like your link any ways:D

oh ya... www.directron.com has some good ones too:D

i'm with you Crash, so long as it's sturdy, i'll be modding the heck out of it anyway. if i had the money to drop i'd get a pc70 but i just don't have that kinda cash right now to drop on a case. i do however specifically want that slide out mobo tray, i love that feature. i've seen it in a couple other full towers besides the aopen i posted a link to. just can't seem to find them :S:S:S grrrrr. lol

thanx again!

J.

lol

actually, that price i think is not so bad for that particular case, but i'm looking for something BIG and simple. beige would be fine i'm going to paint it anyway.

http://www.directron.com/cs-ful-iw.html

how about that ^^ ?

or this?

http://www.directron.com/sf880b.html

slide out mobo tray... Mmmmmmmmm :D. that super-flower case is kinda sexy don't cha think? i don't much care about the color. my case now i've painted two-tone, came out very nice. i have a friend who does auto body repair. automotive paint is the bomb for fixin up ya case :). i can do the window myself. i do want one but i'd just as soon do anythin like that on my own, makes me feel betta about it. lol. i still can't find the original one i was looking for, it's just a knock-off of that Aopen case i first posted, these two are similar though. anyone familiar with these super-flower cases? one thing i'm looking for i havn't found, i'd like to have a hdd cage above the psu, to save the room down in the bottom front for my rather huge heater core.

yeah i've heard good things about the inwin, so long as i stay under $100-ish i'm ok. any more and i'd be cutting into my budget for new cpu/gpu. i saw a nice aopen similar to the one i posted at newegg for $85, that may be how i go since it's got the slide out mobo tray and the hdd cage above the psu, this way i can take out the lower front hdd cage and fit my heater core there :D.

Back