• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Tolerances?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chupacabras

Registered
How low is too low under spec, or is anything lower then spec bound to cause problems (restarting mostly)? I've been having trouble o/c'ing my 2100 tbred b over 2100mhz stably. The system will get into windows up to [email protected], but running particular programs will cause a restart. CPUburn will immediately restart and prime will fail the first test. Sometimes it seems less vcore produces stablier results. I'm certain temperature isnt a problem, b/c i went out and purchased a new HS and the temps are viable. Looking to see what it could be. I'm using a generic (E-DATA) powersupply rated 300W with 196 watts @ 3.3v+5v.

Using MBM5, my rails read as following:
(The system running 13*[email protected])

3.3 -> 3.23-3.26 avg: 3.25
5 -> 4.84-5 avg: 4.94
12 -> 12.46-12.71 avg: 12.59
(12) -> (13.34)-(13.01) avg: (13.08)
(5) -> (5.49)-(5.34) avg: (5.38)

Are the 3.3 and 5v rails running too low? I usually dont have too many drives and things, only one cdrw, and sometimes 2 harddrives, thought i'm using 4 usb devices at once.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If those voltages are obtained while running the CPU under load and you measured them with a real voltmeter, then do not worry about them. They are, in all likelihood, not the problem with your overclocking. Even if they are measured by your onboard circuitry, they are not a problem.

Hoot

Back