• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

!9" Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ron Brooks

19" Monitor

I want to buy my daugthers a couple of monitors and was wanting to get them some nice 19" ones. What would be a good balance between price and quiality. I was noticeing some Viewsonics at Newegg that would be about $250.00 @ with shipping. Does anyone have any input on these or an alternative suggestion ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I got a P95F+ viewsonic and I find it so-so.

Nice picture (true flat) but the controls it gives you make it really hard to get a square display. If I straighten the left side the right side is tilted or curved. My old Hitachi had seperate left side/right side adjustments for pincushion. trapazoid etc but the viewsonic doesn't. :bang head

T.

I have the ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+ its a 19in And I love it. I got it for $279.00 at CompUSA. I would recomend this monitor ;) But it is BIG it takes up alot of desk space. What I really really want is the 19in ViewSonic LCD!!! Its only $749.00 :rolleyes:

Viewsonics are good enough. I've worked at lots of businesses in Denver, CO that only buy Viewsonics and Trinitons (sony). Another good brand is MagInnovision. A friend of mine that does some heavy 3d gaming has had the same 17inch Mag monitor since 1995. I myself have been using a Mag 19inch for two years now and there have been absolutely no problems. The picture is clear and the refresh rates are nice.

Check to see if any of the local walmarts have the 19" KDS monitors instock, last I saw one, it was priced at $199.

KDS makes very good monitors, and their no-quibble "We'll send you a new one, send the broken one back" rma policy is exemplary.

I have the P95F+ and the only complaint i have is that at the highestrefresh rates it looses a little of it's crispness. The next best thing is an LCD, though.

I have a Viewsonic G90f and I would have to say that it was a really good investment. The display is beautiful and bright, the graphics are second to none and the color adjustments and stuff are great. I use if for gaming, video/photo editing and tons of other stuff and it works great for all these applications!:)

Samsung is nice too

I am now using 17" and it has every button to make the screen square :D

crusher420 said:
I have a Viewsonic G90f and I would have to say that it was a really good investment. The display is beautiful and bright, the graphics are second to none and the color adjustments and stuff are great. I use if for gaming, video/photo editing and tons of other stuff and it works great for all these applications!:)
i got the same one and i love it too but mine is black ha ha i win
a great monitor i pick mine up for 199.00 @ some resseller that was posted on viewsonics Where to BUy Page.

crusher420 said:

The ViewSonic P90F is one of the TOP three CRT 19" monitors of all time. It is awe amazing and its picture quality is AWESOME.

it nicely displays 1600x1200 with 87Hz flicker free and no ugly scan lines like the sonys got.

Also, it looks soo sexy with the metalic edges.

OC-Master

I have a SyncMaster 955 DF and i really enjoy it. I've seen it places for as low as 160 too. It's still a really nice monitor, here is a link to a review @ anandtech.com Syncmaster 955df

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 900p that I bought from BB around 4 years ago. It's a great monitor. As a matter of fact, I probably won't need a new monitor for a long time.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to order a monitor from Newegg or anywhere else. The problem there is that if you have to exchange it, or it's defective you're automatically out $40 because you have to pay to ship it back. Also, not all monitors are created equal. So one monitor of a certain Manufacturer/Model may look great, but another may have problems.

Basically what I'm saying is that by the time you pay shipping, you've almost spent the same as you would have going to CC, BB, Wally's World, etc. and buying it. So it's better to go look at the ones they have one display and play with them. I mean really play with every feature. Change resolutions, see how much you have to stretch the screen for certain refresh rates, see how easy it is to adjust the settings. It's much better to buy monitors hands on.

THG had a good article about buying monitors a year or so ago. I know it's kind of old, but the same principles still apply today.

I have the NEC Multisync FE950+.
I have been very happy with it Very rich deep colors.

Hmm, I have an NEC FE950 (not plus) and it has garbage for convergence in the upper left third of the screen (ie the menus and html addresses are kind of blurry). I fiddled with the controls forever and never could get it quite right.

Back