• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

netware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ragefreak16

hi..just today..i found a program installed on my computer called netware..ive never installed this before..and have no idea how it got on my computer..and it just ruins everything..i have to log in now when i start my computer..its changed a lot of things and i want it off..but i dont see where i can uninstall it..can anybody help?

lolz you have fallen vicem to spyware! i would go dl adware and see if that will get rid of it if that dosnt at least detect it i cant help you:D

mee too!!! that is THE absolute worst media player ever- it isnt even good at what it dose- its even worse that that otehr one i hate:rolleyes: (i forgot the name of the other one lolz)

i know..and it ****es me off that some people use real media that made me install it..its crap! and that thing tried to take over all my mpegs and mp3's too :mad: and all these little advertisements come up like msn messenger alerts :mad:

netware isn't spyware. It's a networking standard by Novell. It's prety easy ro remove too.

Win 9x:
right click network neighboorhood, then click properties. this shows any installed network adapters, protocols, and services. just delete the one that says client for novell/netware networks.

Win 2k/xp:
right click network places, then click properties. Right click your LAN connection, then click properties again. this gets you to basically the same screen as in Win 9x. just delete netware from here.

i see that..why would i want netware?i dont remember installing it..

i thought netware caused things like this:
shutdown.jpg

when i press ctrl+alt+ delete thats different too...i get like 9 options..and i must log in now..what can i do?

Sounds like someone enabled the Windows version of the Netware client. Follow the steps that were stated above to check and see if thats the problem.

I can' think of much that would install a netware client behind your back...anyway, you'd see it happening, plus you'd have to restart anyway.

Just disable it if its there, or uninstall it.

Can you post a pic? I'm curious if its the Windows netware client or the actual Client32 from Novell...

ahh sorry man :( i uninstalled it already..i saw an icon for it in the control panel..thats how i found it..when i double click it i get a window..letting me a choose a server and other things..

Thats cool...if it was an icon with a plug sorta thing and something like "CSNW" or something, then thats the Windows Client.

Would just be odd if someone had snuck on the Client32!

Well, pretty much to get things back to normal, just go to your Networking and Dialup Connections, right click on your Local Area Connection, go to properties.

You'll want to make sure only the default clients are installed...it'll look something like this:

lanc.jpg

Back