• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 54C load running prime95 on a 2100+ bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prsplayer_99

Heres the deal. I was running a 2100Mhz on my 2100+ with my sk-7 and ys tech fan. This is on my Abit NF7-S rv.1.1. I loaded the lastest bios1.6 from 1.5. Then thats when everything went to poo. Temps are wierd. I couldnt run prime without crashing, or 3d mark without dying. I reverted back to 1.5 and can run prime and 3dmark no probs. All is cool except my temps are wierd. System is 36C and processor load is 54C. Are these too high??

What vcore?
What mhz?

As for the 54c most overclockers will say that they try to keep there cpu below 50c no matter what on air. Myself I have had mine up to around 52c @ 2.4ghz and 1.975 volts running prime. but thats wasn't for long I want to keep mine as long as possible so I have been backing the vcore down just to see what I can run using less volts.

Well......it really depends on what voltage ur running..........but 54C isnt TOO high.......the 2100+'s max temp according to AMD is 90 deg C (though as jonspd said most people like to keep temps under 50 deg C)

Well I'm getting 52-57*C with default Amd HSF on my XP2600, 2083Mhz, ~1,75V. I'd say you got pretty high temps for custom HSF.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

check your BIOS readings, bro...the 36C system temp is actually your cpu surface (in-socket thermistor) reading...that's what most people refer to when saying, "most overclockers will say that they try to keep there cpu below 50c no matter what on air"...the 54C you're getting is the on-die reading from the core...this is perfectly fine, and well under the 90C max for the 2100+ ;)

with my 2100+ @ 2.45ghz/2.2v, (if i turn off my pump) as soon as the temp reachs around 50-55c, my computer either crashes, reboots, or artifacts (video gets all weird) almost instantly! when i'm not overclocking, it seems fine all the way until 65c when the motherboard alarm goes off.
basicly, overclock only up to 50c. Also, at higher temps, ur cpu might die faster too, i wouldn't take the risk.

Back