• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9500 or Ti 4200? Need a response.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dracknem

I am in a dilemma whether to keep my Sapphire Radeon 9500 which seems to have a bad power supply (ie. sometimes shorts out and won't turn on whent he power is turned off then on) or exchange it for a MSI Ti 4200 with 128 MB.

Which would you guys do? Which is faster/more powerful, and I'm talking without the Sapphire hack. Battlefield 1942 seems to run slow on my comp, but that's probably because I only have 256 MB of RAM.

Can DirectX 9 features be used with the MSI vid. card?

Oh, and if I have a broken product does newegg still charge the 15% return fee for a money return?

Thanks.

1. The Ti4200 is a DX8 card so no, DX9 features will not work. DX9 games will still run but without the extra features.

2. Performance is very similar at stock. However if you get a new card back from newegg then you could use the softmod to make the 9500 at least a 9500Pro in which case it would be far superior to the 4200.

3. I dont think the 15% will be charged but i do believe you have to pay shipping.

Imho i would keep the 9500

yes had same dilemma upgrading my father in laws comp. i went with the 9500 seemed more futureproof to me.

Keep the 9500 for sure or RMA it for a new one. The 9500 has more features than the 4200 and will last you in the long run due to its DX9 Support which the 4200 doesnt have.

Back