• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark2003 hates me....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

port-error

Registered
hey, just put together my system.

XP 2700+
Asus A7N8X-DLX
512mb XMS2700C2
Geforce ti4200

i'm new to the 3dmarks, but i've run

3dmark2001SE - 8090

3dmark2003 - 917

on 3dmark2003 on the 2nd demo, of some shooting game, i was hitting like 2fps - 3fps?

whats up with that.

only thing i've changed on video card was "vsync - off by default"

any suggestions?

you have to change more settings on your drivers i am sure your AA and AF is on

in your driver settings go to performance and quality settings tab and see where the three bars are on my rig the top most bar (Intellisample Settings) is in middle, the next bar (AntiAliasing) is on extreme left (application) and Antistropic Filtering is on extreme left (off)

now go to direct 3d settomgs and change the mipmap detai level to best performance

your verticle sync are fine, that's about it from what i know 3dmark2003 or 2001 do not use opengl so you dont have to go around playing with those settings

hope that helps

on my rig (see the sig) i get 1313 3dmark2003 score and 8293 3dmark2001 score while your system is more powerful than mine so you should be able to get better score than me

remember to have DX9 installed as well...ALSO your 2001 scores seeeeeemmmm wayy toooo low but your 03 score won't be as high as you will expect as the 4200 is not a dx9 compatibale card..just my .02

i have seen so many people posting "remember to install dx9 as well" Split as far as i know one simply can't run 3d mark 2003 without having dx 9 installed :)

scores are a little low even in 2003.... my radeon 8500LE gets 1850ish in 2003 and 9500ish in 2001, my ti4200 gets about 10% better in 2001 and about the same in 2003. both of those are with just a very very mild OC.

well right now.

well right now i'm thinking its my RAM timmings. well hopeing its that. I have 512mb XMS2700C2 running @

7-2-2-2.5

i'm going to set it at

6-2-2-2

when i get home. you think that could be the reason?

Changing your RAM timings (in the BIOS) might help a bit, but I don't think it will bring you up to where you should be. You should be able to run 2-3-3-6-1T no problem but you might be able to do better. Doesn't that board support dual channel DDR? If so, do you have 2 sticks of RAM or just one? I wouldn't worry about DX9 installed on a Geforce4. If you can run 3DMark03 at all you have it. I'd check the settings on your video card and make sure you have everything set for best performance.

P.S. Make sure and download the latest drivers for your card. Just using the ones that came with it will give you much lower scores. I think I gained 1-2k points with the newest Det's versus the ones I got with my Geforce4.

i'm a newb, what do those numbers go too in bios?

2-3-3-6-1T

i know i have it set to 2T, but that is the lowest, its (auto), (2T), (2.5T), (3T)

Back