• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to get one of those 3.5 to 5.25 drive rail??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
first, i've got 2 WD 80G 8mb drive in RAID0. and due my i'm watercooling & the heat core is so big, i have to remove one of the hard drive cage (the lower one) from my Cooler Master tower (internally same as Antec Full Tower). and put both drive inside the same cage with the floppy. (floppy-HD-HD) and it's runningVERY HOT!!!

therefore, i'm looking for some solution for it..........??!! :rolleyes:

i'm thinking to move one of the drive up into a 5.25 drive bay to give both of them a little more breathing room. however, i don't see to find those 3.5 to 5.25 drive bay convertion....you know, those 2 metal rail.

do you guys happen to know where i can find those???

tks!

um... i would try a search on some of the main computer stores like google gear and new egg.. i have gotten all of mine from cases and parts that i have picked up... i know you can buy them though...your local computer store or MAYBE besty buy might ahve it:D

Try CompUSA and Best Buy. They also often come with a HDD when you buy it.

Another idea, why not try adding water cooling to one or both HDDs? Or a fan that blows over the area?

Try CompUSA and Best Buy. They also often come with a HDD when you buy it.

Another idea, why not try adding water cooling to one or both HDDs? Or a fan that blows over the area?
thought of it. but no space/room for it inside that HD/Floppy cage. and if i sperated them, move 1 up to the 5.25 bay, i have room to put a HD fan/cooler in both of them to cool them off.

i've tried newegg & outpost & essencompu & google gear, all my normal/favorite store, none of them have it. they do have a bunch of HD cooler/mobile rack only.

but i think i might just get a mobile rack (and it comes w/ a fan anyway) for it then.....

tks guys!!

LandShark said:

thought of it. but no space/room for it inside that HD/Floppy cage. and if i sperated them, move 1 up to the 5.25 bay, i have room to put a HD fan/cooler in both of them to cool them off.

i've tried newegg & outpost & essencompu & google gear, all my normal/favorite store, none of them have it. they do have a bunch of HD cooler/mobile rack only.

but i think i might just get a mobile rack (and it comes w/ a fan anyway) for it then.....

tks guys!!

Well if you could just fit a fan in front of it or right behind it to move air across them I think would work well enough to provide some cooling. Something like an 80mm fan ought to be sufficient. Sounds like a good place for a case mod to me. :)

Back