• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I check if my USB is 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

MB is a P4PE, capable of USB 2.0

But I'm running XP pro, and the Asus site tells about problems that happen when installing the USB2.0 drivers on XP machines. (Need to install thigns in a certain order)....and with the many reformats I've done, I cannot remember if I already installed the drivers or not.

Checked device manager, btu taht didn't seemt o share any info on 1.1 or 2.0.

Any clue?

- Thanks

Well, if the 2.0 drivers aren't installed then there will be a bang on the USB controller in device manager and it will run at usb 1.1 speeds.

I'm running XP PRO on an Asus board as well. When I go into device manager and open up Universal Serial Bus controllers, one of the entries says "Interl(r) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD".

You can check in Device Manager under the Universal Serial bus controllers tab or the Mainboard Information in Sisoft sandra has info about the USB controller

Plug a USB 2.0 device into the port in question. If your system works the same as the ones I've had experience with (Asus and Abit) WinXP will pop up a message in the system tray that says something like: "You are trying to plug a USB 2.0 device into a port that is only USB 1.1 compatible. You will not be able to get the full performance out of this device..blah, blah...". If you don't get this message the port in question is USB 2.0 compatible.

USB 2 is only installed in XP with SP 1.. the default installation of XP does not install USB 2 drivers

Back