• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 2100+ mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dolsen

Registered
With following CPU:
AMD Athlon
AXDA 2100 DUT3C
AIUHB 0306 MPMW

in following MOBO:
EPOX EP8RDA+

What bridges on the CPU need to be closed/opened to enable me to change all multipliers (5through18) via the BIOS?

That is, does the MOBO support changing all the multipliers (5through18) via the BIOS?

I' ve read nearly all available on subject, yet it is not at all clear to me what bridges to mod, or even if it is necessary to mod for maximum flexibility in overclocking.
I have done my 1600+, so am familiar with techniques involved.

Best regards

Your BIOS should allow you to use all multi's, I have the same board. Not sure on the super low end, like the 5x, but I'm sure of it.

I thought you could only get either 12.5 and below or 13 and higher?

You need to close the 5th L3 bridge to get 12.5 and below and you lose 13 and higher tho.

I think?

multiplyers

OC Noob said:
I thought you could only get either 12.5 and below or 13 and higher?

You need to close the 5th L3 bridge to get 12.5 and below and you lose 13 and higher tho.

I think?

That's how it was on my 8rda before it died, and how it is on my asus a7n8x. 5th L3 gives 12.5 and lower and you lose 13 and above in the process.

*most* kt400 boards get 5-22 with no bridge work at all. the abit nf2 get all multis with no mods, the epox is reported to get all multis with newer bios so no modding needed there either.asus still needs a bios update for it

I have an XP2000+ with the same stepping as shown above. anyone have ideas as to oc-ability of this proc? im thinking of replaceing my tbredA 1700.......

It's 2.3 GHz average, as with all T-Bred B's, it all depends on cooling and power supply.

2100+ has a default multi of above 12.5 (It's 13x)
1500+ through 2000+ have 12.5 and below default multipliers.

It seems that because of its above 12.5 default multiplier, the 2100+ can actually post all multipliers on nForce2 boards where lower CPUs such as 1700+ T-Bred B can only >> post << 12.5 multi and lower.

The short list of nForce2 mobos that post all multis on all CPUs: Abit and Soltek.

Oh yeah, unlike the 1700+ which can only post lower multis on 8RDA+, the 2100+ Thoroughbred most definitely posts all multis on Epox 8RDA+ automatically without any mods or tricks.

Last edited:
Thanks man, that's ahelluva lot of information. I think i'm gonna stick it in my msi k7n2 and see if it can do better than my 1700tbredB. i may even bring it home and put it in the a7n8xdlx! what kind of bus is usually capable of? I have 2-3-3-6 3200 ddr (golden dragon), so my mem can go up from my current 150mhz synchronous rate. Thanks again!

Back