• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing effects in 3DMark 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7.62WorldOrder

Hi guys, this is my first post on these forums.

I have a problem with 3D Mark 2003. While it ran fine at first on my new setup (see my sig), I have now noticed the mysterious disappearance of many graphical effects during the demo/test. Most notably, the dogfight scene is missing all the flash and flame effects. When it zooms in close to a front view to show the machine guns firing, there are no flames and no shell casings. When planes get hit, you see a bit of smoke but no effects for explosions and the like. I noticed this problem with the v43.00 Detonators, but it persisted even when I rolled back to the v42.86 Dets. I haven't noticed any explosion effects mising in my actual games yet (i.e. Operation Flashpoint, GTA3, Battlefield 1942).

Is this a program error?

try rolling back to even older drivers, i remember hearing that nvidia had taken the effects out of 3dmark03 so that their cards would bench higher

First of all welcome to the forums !!! :)

secondry i will suggest you use detonator destroyer to completely remove the driver from your computer than try installing other set of drivers, nvidia indeed released a set of drivers specifically to score higher score in 3d mark 2003

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have indeed heard rumors of Nvidia crying foul over the utility of 3D Mark for gauging true video card performace. But I didn't think they'd get all spiteful about it. This is interesting. I'll roll back to the 41.09 drivers when I get home and see if that restores the graphical effects.

funnyperson1 said:
try rolling back to even older drivers, i remember hearing that nvidia had taken the effects out of 3dmark03 so that their cards would bench higher

that is so lame i mean come on...glad i went to ati :)

Back