• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4B SL6RZ OEM recieved from Outpost.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timster

Yes, I ordered the OEM processor from OUTPOST.COM. BUT, it came loose in the package tray and was damaged in that all of the surrounding pins are bent. :mad:

So, to answer some posts, YES, you can order this product for $169 and get the RZ chip from Outpost.com and yes, they have much in stock according to the tech support agent and this is the only OEM chip they have, so everyone is guaranteed to get an RZ. :)

Regards,

TIMSTER

Nope, I did not get to choose. I just ordered online and took a chance. This one looks like a SL6RZ Malay.

The new one has been sent overnight. Will be here tomorrow.

TIMSTER

Mine is:

SL6RZ MALAY
Q304A587-8928

Reason I asked about that is mine came with a few pins bent also. I got them back into place but this chip is nasty. It posts at 180fsb, but won't go into Windows anything over 167fsb. So I'm thinking I might just clean it up and then have them send me a new one. Just tell them that it came with pins bent but not severely and I tried it, but it wouldn't work.

They reordered one, sent overnight free of charge. I will have to return this one as to not get charged twice.

TIMSTER

Radelon said:
Mine is:

SL6RZ MALAY
Q304A587-8928

Reason I asked about that is mine came with a few pins bent also. I got them back into place but this chip is nasty. It posts at 180fsb, but won't go into Windows anything over 167fsb. So I'm thinking I might just clean it up and then have them send me a new one. Just tell them that it came with pins bent but not severely and I tried it, but it wouldn't work.

Yeah, that is the same as mine, Q304A587-0931

I told them I recieved the item with the pins bent. The way it was packaged, someone was careless in not clipping in into the tray... It was just floating around to and fro within the tray.

TIMSTER

My experience with 'Q's isn't that great. I've got to play around with 3 of them and only one actually hit 3ghz (167 fsb, prime stable 6 hours+) @ a decent voltage 1.55. I would not recommend this chip to anyone considering the other two I played with needed @ least 1.60 volts to boot into windows @ 3ghz. I recall on chip not even hitting three 3ghz period, it crapped out @ 2.8. I am just trying to push awareness that this type 'Q' chip isn't good! Believe me I've dealt with over 19 SL6RZ's now and they aren't good, return it and get you money back!

melon_stunner said:
My experience with 'Q's isn't that great. I've got to play around with 3 of them and only one actually hit 3ghz (167 fsb, prime stable 6 hours+) @ a decent voltage 1.55. I would not recommend this chip to anyone considering the other two I played with needed @ least 1.60 volts to boot into windows @ 3ghz. I recall on chip not even hitting three 3ghz period, it crapped out @ 2.8. I am just trying to push awareness that this type 'Q' chip isn't good! Believe me I've dealt with over 19 SL6RZ's now and they aren't good, return it and get you money back!

Yup, L is the way to go. But, if I get another bad CPU, I'll return it for a refund and call a store so to hand pick one for me. I don't live near any Fry's, so maybe they will take a phone order?

TIMSTER

timster said:
I told them I recieved the item with the pins bent. The way it was packaged, someone was careless in not clipping in into the tray... It was just floating around to and fro within the tray.

TIMSTER

Lemme get this straight, they recharge your credit card? That's bs, that shoots that idea out the window.

Worst part is, once you buy it, you own it. They do not give money back on CPU's. Only warranty exchance so they say.

TIMSTER

timster said:
Worst part is, once you buy it, you own it. They do not give money back on CPU's. Only warranty exchance so they say.

TIMSTER

Well, they are running it through for me and if it does go thru, then we'll see what happens. This guy basically told me that once received, they recredit your account and all is peachy.

Radelon said:

Well, they are running it through for me and if it does go thru, then we'll see what happens. This guy basically told me that once received, they recredit your account and all is peachy.

Yup, that's how it works. Pretty EZ I thought:D

Well, I got the replacement SL6RZ from outpost today and yet again it came with bent pins.

First SL6RZ - Q304A587-0928
Second SL6RZ - Q304A587-0918

I called and reamed Outpost for the bent pin problem again.

Anyways, after straightening the pins, it seems like this chip isn't any better or worse. So I'm having them wait until they receive the 1st cpu to send me a 3rd.

radelon, how much money are u losing for returns the chips???

AZN

My 2.4B from Outpost also came with bent pins.

SL6RZ Malay
Q384A587-8928

Would I be better off sending this back, or should I try to straighten the pins?

AZN said:
radelon, how much money are u losing for returns the chips???

AZN

None, cause it works the same as Fry's, 15 day return, and they even reimburse UPS Ground shipping on the return.

BTW, I have another coming tomorrow, with special comments to make sure the pins aren't bent and that it's not a Q fab.

Back