• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which tually

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steeven_steeven

which tually having second thoughts

ok i know i may have asked this before but after some test i am having second thoughts about which tualatin celeron to get

price is no problem so i would go for a 1.4ghz if that was what would be best

system specs:
Asus P2B rev1.10 motherboard
Power Man 235w power supply
384mb Generic CL2 ram
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Gamers sound card
64mb Savage 2000 video card
40GB Seagate Barracuda 4 (cant remember which barracuda it is)
52X Asus CD-ROM drive
24X10X40 Yamaha burner

ok this is weird and kinda hard to explain but here goes

ok well currently i have a P3 450mhz

with my Savage 2000 video card in i am able to only get up to 112mhz FSB
with my old Ati Rage Pro i am able to do 133mhz FSB and stable i am able to post at 140mhz FSB but windows crashes

ok so i think that my savage 2000 video card is to blame its holding me back at 115mhz FSb games crash at 120mhz FSB i get graphic errors at anthing higher it wont boot at all i just get beeps even at 133mhz FSB when the pci is 33.3mhz and agp is 66.6mhz it still messes up
the Ati rage pro will run fine with high pci/agp busses up to 133mhz FSB and at 140mhz FSB windows crashes
i dont really want to buy a new video card becuase i dont want to make really big updates to this old thing and i dont want to use the Ati Rage card becuase its only 8mb

since i am only able to get it up to 112mhz FSB and perfectly stable i am wandering which Tualatin Celeron to get
i know that the 1.4ghz tualatin celerons arnt good overclockers but would all of them do 112mhz FSB if not then what about a 1.3ghz, 1.2ghz, 1.1Aghz, 1Aghz

Last edited:
Back